Cozy knit scarf

By on November 3, 2010

Colorful Scarf for the Upcoming Cold-ish Months.

So, November has come. Now friends, you may ask yourselves, why in the hell was it hot during October? Well, the fact of the matter is, we live in Alabama, home to catastrophe. But November should be a bit cooler, right? It’s the penultimate month of the year, and we always end things freezing our butts off.

As it happens, November is one of my least favorite months of the year. So to lift my pre-winter spirits, I wear this scarf. It’s knit with Noro Kureyon, the MOST gorgeous multi-color yarn I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Kureyon is Japanese 100% wool yarn, and comes in absolutely beautiful color-ways. I made this scarf in January, after I received two skeins of it for Christmas. It’s double knit for extra warmth, and also because you get those awesome Stockinette V’s on each side.

Materials:

2-3 skeins of Noro Kureyon in colors of your choice. I suggest using two different but complimentary color-ways to make things interesting.

Size US 8 (4.5 mm) needles

Gauge: Exact gauge is not important. Label gauge says 18 sts = 4″.

Finished measurements: This is entirely up to you. We are all different sizes. I say knit til the scarf reaches your knees.

Begin by casting on 12 sts in long-tail style.

Begin double knitting: knit 1 st, slip next st with yarn in front. Move yarn to back, knit 1 st. Repeat until the end of the row.

Work in this fashion until you run out of yarn. Switch to next skein. Knit til you are almost out of yarn, with approx two yards left. Bind off. Weave in ends.

Britty Reese
Staff Writer
dietspritezero@gmail.com