- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Mike Davis let go
According to an ESPN.com report Blazer Basketball head coach Mike Davis has been fired. The report quotes that Davis was let go due to “poor ticket sales and attendance”. Davis had one year left in his contract.
Davis took the team to the Conference USA regular-season title last season and made a First Four NCAA appearance.The team wavered this past season however with a 15-16 (9-7 in CUSA) record.
UAB has not released an official statement at this time, check back to the Kaleidoscope for more information as the story develops.