- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
To go orders made easier with Tapingo phone app
Tapingo, an online and mobile app for local food pickup and delivery, recently launched for UAB and the Birmingham area.
The restaurants listed on the app accept blazer bucks and dining dollars available with a one-time campus card number entry, which can be found on www.uab.edu/campuscard.
The iPhone and Android-accessible app allows students and employees to place pick-up orders with a few simple clicks at local restaurants including UAB Starbucks, ZeBi, HUC Cafe, Einstein Brothers Bagels, the Diner, Makarios Kabob & Grill, and Wings Around the Clock.
Delivery orders are available to some areas off-campus and on campus including residence halls, Sterne Library, Lister Hill Library, Kirklin Clinic, Heritage Hall, Campbell Hall, Hill University Center, Administration Building, and more.
Special deals and discounts are randomly available for each restaurant. For a limited time, Starbucks is offering 50% off drink orders with a Tapingo order.
The process is simplistic for pickup orders: choose a restaurant, add the food items for purchase, choose a payment type, skip the line, and pick up the order at your local establishment.