- SOE professors named co-directors of association
- BFA student works featured in one-week show at UAB Visual Arts Gallery
- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
To go orders made easier with Tapingo phone app
Tapingo, an online and mobile app for local food pickup and delivery, recently launched for UAB and the Birmingham area.
The restaurants listed on the app accept blazer bucks and dining dollars available with a one-time campus card number entry, which can be found on www.uab.edu/campuscard.
The iPhone and Android-accessible app allows students and employees to place pick-up orders with a few simple clicks at local restaurants including UAB Starbucks, ZeBi, HUC Cafe, Einstein Brothers Bagels, the Diner, Makarios Kabob & Grill, and Wings Around the Clock.
Delivery orders are available to some areas off-campus and on campus including residence halls, Sterne Library, Lister Hill Library, Kirklin Clinic, Heritage Hall, Campbell Hall, Hill University Center, Administration Building, and more.
Special deals and discounts are randomly available for each restaurant. For a limited time, Starbucks is offering 50% off drink orders with a Tapingo order.
The process is simplistic for pickup orders: choose a restaurant, add the food items for purchase, choose a payment type, skip the line, and pick up the order at your local establishment.