- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Building up a community
The Leadership and Service Council held a community service event last Saturday, February 2, 2013. They partnered with Habitat for Humanity to build a house in West Birmingham. There were about 30 students in attendance on the 30 degree morning.
“I really enjoyed myself,” comments Shakyra Tyrus, a junior majoring in Chemistry. “I just really like doing service and it was kind of empowering how we all worked together. I think that this is a great organization to have events monthly like this.”
Leadership and Service Council Coordinator Hannah Holcomb and her team plan out these monthly events.
The next event is Into the Streets on Saturday, March 2, 2013.