- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
Building up a community
The Leadership and Service Council held a community service event last Saturday, February 2, 2013. They partnered with Habitat for Humanity to build a house in West Birmingham. There were about 30 students in attendance on the 30 degree morning.
“I really enjoyed myself,” comments Shakyra Tyrus, a junior majoring in Chemistry. “I just really like doing service and it was kind of empowering how we all worked together. I think that this is a great organization to have events monthly like this.”
Leadership and Service Council Coordinator Hannah Holcomb and her team plan out these monthly events.
The next event is Into the Streets on Saturday, March 2, 2013.