Building up a community

By on February 5, 2013
There were about 30 students in attendance on the 30 degree morning. Carlene Robinson/Staff Photographer

The Leadership and Service Council held a community service event last Saturday, February 2, 2013. They partnered with Habitat for Humanity to build a house in West Birmingham. There were about 30 students in attendance on the 30 degree morning.

Leadership and service The next event is into the Streets on Saturday, March 2, 2013.  Carlene Robinson/Staff Photographer

Leadership and service The next event is into the Streets on Saturday, March 2, 2013. Carlene Robinson/Staff Photographer

“I really enjoyed myself,” comments Shakyra Tyrus, a junior majoring in Chemistry. “I just really like doing service and it was kind of empowering how we all worked together. I think that this is a great organization to have events monthly like this.”

Leadership and Service Council Coordinator Hannah Holcomb and her team plan out these monthly events.

The next event is Into the Streets on Saturday, March 2, 2013.