- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
UAB’s Student Affairs offered the first Blazer Night of the new semester last Friday.
“Cosmic Night” was the successful theme that drew in over 250 students. Clarissa Deal, a member of the student committee, recalls that the highlight of the night was Laser Tag.
Activities also included an inflatable arena on a court of the Campus Recreation Center, Cosmic Mini Golf, a graffiti wall, and a showing of Cloud Atlas.
Student Affairs mission is to provide activities on campus that are no cost to the students.
“Getting to play lazer tag and watch a movie for free is really good,” comments sophomore Aaron Powell.
The next event will be March 8th and will be co-sponsored with the Blazer Nights committee and S.O.B.E.R. More details on the next event will be announced soon.