- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
UAB’s Student Affairs offered the first Blazer Night of the new semester last Friday.
“Cosmic Night” was the successful theme that drew in over 250 students. Clarissa Deal, a member of the student committee, recalls that the highlight of the night was Laser Tag.
Activities also included an inflatable arena on a court of the Campus Recreation Center, Cosmic Mini Golf, a graffiti wall, and a showing of Cloud Atlas.
Student Affairs mission is to provide activities on campus that are no cost to the students.
“Getting to play lazer tag and watch a movie for free is really good,” comments sophomore Aaron Powell.
The next event will be March 8th and will be co-sponsored with the Blazer Nights committee and S.O.B.E.R. More details on the next event will be announced soon.