- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Pancakes with a purpose
Pancakes for everyone! This Tuesday, February 5, participating International House of Pancake (IHOP) restaurants will serve free pancakes to benefit Children’s of Alabama in celebration of National Pancake Day.
Customers can enjoy a free short stack of Buttermilk pancakes and, in return, IHOP will ask their customers to consider making a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) or other designated local charities. All participating IHOP’s in Alabama who fund that donation will go towards Children’s of Alabama.
IHOP has participated in National Pancake Day for the past seven years and has raised more than $10 million to support charities in multiple communities. In the last year, IHOP surpassed their fundraising goal of $1 million. The goal for this National Pancake Day is $3 million donated for charity.
IHOP will also be selling Miracle Balloons for one dollar each. These personalized red and yellow paper balloons will be displayed at the participating restaurants. Miracle Balloons will be sold throughout the month of February, offering guests another way to show their support of CMNH and contribute to the National Pancake Day fundraising effort.
Children’s of Alabama is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the United States. This hospital has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children across the state and throughout the southeastern United States since 1911.
The free pancakes will be available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. There is a limit of one free short stack per guest, and is only offered at participating restaurants for dine-in only.