- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Pancakes with a purpose
Pancakes for everyone! This Tuesday, February 5, participating International House of Pancake (IHOP) restaurants will serve free pancakes to benefit Children’s of Alabama in celebration of National Pancake Day.
Customers can enjoy a free short stack of Buttermilk pancakes and, in return, IHOP will ask their customers to consider making a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) or other designated local charities. All participating IHOP’s in Alabama who fund that donation will go towards Children’s of Alabama.
IHOP has participated in National Pancake Day for the past seven years and has raised more than $10 million to support charities in multiple communities. In the last year, IHOP surpassed their fundraising goal of $1 million. The goal for this National Pancake Day is $3 million donated for charity.
IHOP will also be selling Miracle Balloons for one dollar each. These personalized red and yellow paper balloons will be displayed at the participating restaurants. Miracle Balloons will be sold throughout the month of February, offering guests another way to show their support of CMNH and contribute to the National Pancake Day fundraising effort.
Children’s of Alabama is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the United States. This hospital has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children across the state and throughout the southeastern United States since 1911.
The free pancakes will be available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. There is a limit of one free short stack per guest, and is only offered at participating restaurants for dine-in only.