- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
Pancakes with a purpose
Pancakes for everyone! This Tuesday, February 5, participating International House of Pancake (IHOP) restaurants will serve free pancakes to benefit Children’s of Alabama in celebration of National Pancake Day.
Customers can enjoy a free short stack of Buttermilk pancakes and, in return, IHOP will ask their customers to consider making a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) or other designated local charities. All participating IHOP’s in Alabama who fund that donation will go towards Children’s of Alabama.
IHOP has participated in National Pancake Day for the past seven years and has raised more than $10 million to support charities in multiple communities. In the last year, IHOP surpassed their fundraising goal of $1 million. The goal for this National Pancake Day is $3 million donated for charity.
IHOP will also be selling Miracle Balloons for one dollar each. These personalized red and yellow paper balloons will be displayed at the participating restaurants. Miracle Balloons will be sold throughout the month of February, offering guests another way to show their support of CMNH and contribute to the National Pancake Day fundraising effort.
Children’s of Alabama is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the United States. This hospital has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children across the state and throughout the southeastern United States since 1911.
The free pancakes will be available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. There is a limit of one free short stack per guest, and is only offered at participating restaurants for dine-in only.