- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
Ray Watts: The Future of UAB
Dr. Ray L. Watts, M.D. was named the seventh UAB president by the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees on Friday.
Dr. Watts is the Senior Vice President and Dean of the School of the Medicine since 2010, and he is a 1976 UAB alumni of the School of Engineering.
He graduated from Washington University of Medicine in St. Louis in 1980, and he did his internship, residency and fellowship training at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts Hospital.
Dr. Watts contributed to the growth of the UAB Comprehensive Neuroscience Center.
Dr. Watts is the ideal candidate for president due to his longtime presence of leadership at UAB.
“I look forward to working with all of you in the days and weeks to come as we write the next chapter in the storied history of this great institution,” said Dr. Watts in his email announcement.
“I could not be more excited about the opportunities that lie ahead as we pursue energetically all aspects of our mission.”
Further information of UAB’s new president Dr. Watts’ next steps will be discussed at the Alys Stephens Center Tuesday morning. This session is available to the entire student body, staff and faculty.
Mary Jane Chen