- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
Soccer team to hold try-outs
Men’s Soccer To Hold Open Tryouts Feb. 26
Current UAB students invited to try out for Blazer team
The UAB men’s soccer team will hold open tryouts for any currently enrolled students who may be interested in walking on to the men’s soccer team.
So if you think you have what it takes to be a NCAA college athlete go the Ullman Building to register for tryouts.
The tryouts will be held on UAB’s West Campus Field on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 3 p.m.
Per NCAA and Conference USA guidelines, students who are interested in trying out must provide proof of a physical within the last six months, as well as a sickle cell test.
Students who need a physical and/or a sickle cell test can call the ATG Lab, located on 920 18th Street South, to set up an appointment at 933-0609. Cost is $55.00 for a physical and $33.00 for a sickle cell test.
Proof of both tests will need to be turned into the UAB men’s soccer office (located in the Ullman Building) prior to participating in tryouts.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the UAB soccer office at 205-934-3090.