- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Most businesses demand professional outerwear for their workers, yet college students are known for their sweatshirts and jeans. When proceeding through college, students often search for potential careers to invest in after graduation.
UAB’s Commission on the Status of Women is collecting clothes for its sixth annual Suits 4 Success event. All of the proceeds will benefit My Sister’s Closet, a thrift store for professional clothing.
The Commission will be collecting gently used shoes, apparel, and accessories, including suits, jackets, skirts, casual pants, shirts, dresses, and handbags on February 4-8.
With inflation and unemployment on the rise, it is essential to look the part when applying and interviewing for jobs. A person’s appearance is a major influence on their first impression and self-confidence when in such circumstances.
Along with professional business attire, formal evening gowns and prom dresses will also be accepted to be donated to local teens in the upcoming prom season. Toiletries will be accepted as well to benefit women and girls at the local YWCA shelter in the downtown area.
This is an amazing opportunity to impact the Birmingham area without ever needing to leave the comfort of UAB’s campus.
Donation spots will be located across campus the week of the drive. The John N. Whitaker Building at 500 22nd St. South is the main location, but on-campus sites will be located in the Administration building, Heritage hall, Campbell hall, Business and Engineering complex, Humanities building, Hill University Center, Lister Hill Library and the Schools of Nursing, Public Health, Education, and Health Professions.