- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
That little red dress
The third annual Little Red Dress Party was held on Saturday, February 16, at the Southern Museum of Flight. The event comprised of music, dancing, food and prizes that support the American Heart Association and its annual Go Red for Women campaign.
The UAB School of Medicine’s chapter of the American Medical Women’s Association hosted the event. All proceeds directly benefit the Birmingham chapter of the American Heart Association.
The Swing band Ain’t Misbehavin and DJ Joffre Johnson, a UAB medical student, performed at the event. The AMWA also partnered with local businesses for a silent auction and prizes that were won throughout the night.
The Go Red for Women campaign is a way to educate women that the number one killer for females is heart disease. The campaign brings awareness upon this issue. As February is the National Heart Health Month, the Little Red Dress Party was a way to draw attention to a serious subject in a positive manner.
The American Medical Women’s Association is a membership comprised of physicians, residents, medical students, and health care professionals. It is the only multispecialty organization dedicated to advancing women in medicine and improving women’s health. The UAB School of Medicine Chapter currently has about 50 members.