- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Men’s Basketball vs. Middle Tennessee 55-53 (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
That little red dress
The third annual Little Red Dress Party was held on Saturday, February 16, at the Southern Museum of Flight. The event comprised of music, dancing, food and prizes that support the American Heart Association and its annual Go Red for Women campaign.
The UAB School of Medicine’s chapter of the American Medical Women’s Association hosted the event. All proceeds directly benefit the Birmingham chapter of the American Heart Association.
The Swing band Ain’t Misbehavin and DJ Joffre Johnson, a UAB medical student, performed at the event. The AMWA also partnered with local businesses for a silent auction and prizes that were won throughout the night.
The Go Red for Women campaign is a way to educate women that the number one killer for females is heart disease. The campaign brings awareness upon this issue. As February is the National Heart Health Month, the Little Red Dress Party was a way to draw attention to a serious subject in a positive manner.
The American Medical Women’s Association is a membership comprised of physicians, residents, medical students, and health care professionals. It is the only multispecialty organization dedicated to advancing women in medicine and improving women’s health. The UAB School of Medicine Chapter currently has about 50 members.