- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Research conference prepares students for EXPO
The 90th annual Alabama Academy of Science annual research conference was held March 20-22 at Samford University. Students from all over Alabama traveled to Birmingham to present their research findings from the previous year.
Many students from UAB were involved in presenting, directing, and judging at the annual meeting. Junior Zac Ingram helped to start up the poster competition side of the annual meeting for undergraduate students and now helps direct the activities for high school students participating in the conference.
Previously, the meeting had been exclusively for high school students involved in research in fields ranging from the natural sciences to engineering. However, it has opened up to undergraduate level students, also.
Several UAB students participated in the poster competition took away awards, including Ameen Barghi who placed second in the biological sciences section.
To many students, the poster competition served as a nice precursor to the multitude of presentations looming in the upcoming month, including the UAB EXPO and the University of Alabama Systems Honors Collegiate Conference.
Each of these events strives to promote undergraduate research, an activity that contributes significantly to the ability of students to think analytically.