- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
UAB teaching assistant named tops in nation
Megan Sugrue, a teaching assistant at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), was one of three people nationwide named by CengageBrain as America’s Top TA.
Classroom teaching assistants play a vital role in the learning processes of their students. They encourage participation throughout the class, and help answer questions each student has when the teacher cannot reach everybody.
College students around the country were polled to name the three winners. Sugrue will be honored by CengageBrain with a $2,500 scholarship in her name be given to a lucky student.
“Megan is dedicated to ensuring that our students truly understand, and more importantly, truly enjoy learning about the anatomy of the human body,” said Dana Peterson, Ph.D., assistant professor of biology at UAB. “We are grateful for her efforts and her enthusiasm. She is certainly deserving of this scholarship in her name.”
TAs always provide your students with as much constructive feedback as possible; that is, comments that develop students’ understanding and advance their learning.
CengageBrain’s Top TA competition allowed college students to recognize the TAs who made the greatest impacts on their educations. CengageBrain is a destination for purchasing and renting textbooks, eBooks, eChapters, digital solutions and study tools.
UAB News Service