- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB teaching assistant named tops in nation
Megan Sugrue, a teaching assistant at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), was one of three people nationwide named by CengageBrain as America’s Top TA.
Classroom teaching assistants play a vital role in the learning processes of their students. They encourage participation throughout the class, and help answer questions each student has when the teacher cannot reach everybody.
College students around the country were polled to name the three winners. Sugrue will be honored by CengageBrain with a $2,500 scholarship in her name be given to a lucky student.
“Megan is dedicated to ensuring that our students truly understand, and more importantly, truly enjoy learning about the anatomy of the human body,” said Dana Peterson, Ph.D., assistant professor of biology at UAB. “We are grateful for her efforts and her enthusiasm. She is certainly deserving of this scholarship in her name.”
TAs always provide your students with as much constructive feedback as possible; that is, comments that develop students’ understanding and advance their learning.
CengageBrain’s Top TA competition allowed college students to recognize the TAs who made the greatest impacts on their educations. CengageBrain is a destination for purchasing and renting textbooks, eBooks, eChapters, digital solutions and study tools.
UAB News Service