- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Writing Retreat held in UAB Hospital
The Association of Health Care Journalists is calling all journalist and writers to their interest meeting on June 14th.
It’s a Rural Health Journalism Workshop at UAB Hospital. The workshop is free and food will be available. They prefer a person who is a member of AHCJ, but you can join at the site.
Many doctors from the Alabama Health System will be speaking or moderating for each subject.
It begins with breakfast at 8 a.m. with the welcome starting at 8:30 a.m. They will be addressing insurance exchanges, medicaid decision , and the future of rural seniors.
“It will be a great chance to network with people,” says Len Bruzzese.
After the lunch break, they will resume with the healthcare workforce, challenges facing rural hospitals, and obesity in rural areas.
Go to www.healthjournalism.org/rural13 for further information.