- Campus copes with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
- Bariatric Surgery Services to present annual fashion show Nov. 25
Writing Retreat held in UAB Hospital
The Association of Health Care Journalists is calling all journalist and writers to their interest meeting on June 14th.
It’s a Rural Health Journalism Workshop at UAB Hospital. The workshop is free and food will be available. They prefer a person who is a member of AHCJ, but you can join at the site.
Many doctors from the Alabama Health System will be speaking or moderating for each subject.
It begins with breakfast at 8 a.m. with the welcome starting at 8:30 a.m. They will be addressing insurance exchanges, medicaid decision , and the future of rural seniors.
“It will be a great chance to network with people,” says Len Bruzzese.
After the lunch break, they will resume with the healthcare workforce, challenges facing rural hospitals, and obesity in rural areas.
Go to www.healthjournalism.org/rural13 for further information.