- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
Writing Retreat held in UAB Hospital
The Association of Health Care Journalists is calling all journalist and writers to their interest meeting on June 14th.
It’s a Rural Health Journalism Workshop at UAB Hospital. The workshop is free and food will be available. They prefer a person who is a member of AHCJ, but you can join at the site.
Many doctors from the Alabama Health System will be speaking or moderating for each subject.
It begins with breakfast at 8 a.m. with the welcome starting at 8:30 a.m. They will be addressing insurance exchanges, medicaid decision , and the future of rural seniors.
“It will be a great chance to network with people,” says Len Bruzzese.
After the lunch break, they will resume with the healthcare workforce, challenges facing rural hospitals, and obesity in rural areas.
Go to www.healthjournalism.org/rural13 for further information.