- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
Writing Retreat held in UAB Hospital
The Association of Health Care Journalists is calling all journalist and writers to their interest meeting on June 14th.
It’s a Rural Health Journalism Workshop at UAB Hospital. The workshop is free and food will be available. They prefer a person who is a member of AHCJ, but you can join at the site.
Many doctors from the Alabama Health System will be speaking or moderating for each subject.
It begins with breakfast at 8 a.m. with the welcome starting at 8:30 a.m. They will be addressing insurance exchanges, medicaid decision , and the future of rural seniors.
“It will be a great chance to network with people,” says Len Bruzzese.
After the lunch break, they will resume with the healthcare workforce, challenges facing rural hospitals, and obesity in rural areas.
Go to www.healthjournalism.org/rural13 for further information.