- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
UAB launches largest campaign in its history
President Dr. Ray Watts announced that UAB is launching the public phase of the Campaign for UAB, the universities largest-ever and most comprehensive fundraising campaign that will launch publicly this October.
The theme for the campaign is “Give Something, Change Everything.”
Johnny Johns, Theresa Bruno and Mike Warren will serve as co-chairs for the campaign.
Dr. Watts emailed all students, faculty, and staff regarding this project.
In his email he stated that the theme “reflects the fact that when you give to UAB, you help change our community and our world for the better, whether by finding the cure for a disease, enabling a bright young person to attend college, or lighting the spark for a new innovation.”
The co-chairs were recognized for their outstanding “civic and business leadership, as well as their service to and philanthropic support of UAB and our community.”
Johns is the CEO, president and chair of Protective Life Corp., and has been an advocate for economic growth in the Birmingham region.
Bruno, president of THB Inc., serves as a leader in global and local efforts pertaining to poverty and outreach.
She serves as chair of the corporate board of UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center (ASC).
Warren is the president and CEO of Children’s of Alabama.
The money that is raised will be used to fund research, education, and other efforts to further the service of our institution.
The last philanthropic endeavor of UAB took place between 1999 and 2003 and exceeded its $350 million goal and raised $388.7 million.