- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
Blazer Express takes off for its initial drive
UAB is offering free shuttle service for students beginning this week. The shuttle is a regular service offered Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Operating hours outside that range are considered extended hours. During extended hours, shuttle stops will include only Blazer Hall and Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
The shuttle stops include 16th Street South (heading south) from the Campus Recreation Center, Blazer Hall Circle, Rast Hall’s main entrance, 19th Street South (across from 936 19th St. S), 9th Avenue South near the 18th Street intersection, Denman Hall, and 6th Avenue South and 12th Street South. A complete shuttle loop is estimated to take about 25 minutes, accounting for stops.
The white shuttle is labeled “Student Shuttle,” not to be confused with the Remote Parking shuttles “Blue Line” and “Silver Line.” Campus Escort is available each day after 5 p.m.