- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
- Bariatric Surgery Services to present annual fashion show Nov. 25
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Football Fan Day Set For Aug. 24 At Shops Of Grand River
UAB Blazer fans will be able to kick off the 2013 season in fun fashion Saturday, Aug. 24 when the annual Football Fan Day is held at The Outlet Shops of Grand River.
This will be the first year that the Blazers’ Fan Day has been held at the Leeds, Ala. outlet center. The event will be held from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the main entrance near the food court.
Fans will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with the 2013 UAB football players, head coach Garrick McGee and the Blazers’ coaching staff. There will be an autograph session as the Blazers look ahead to their season opener that will be played a week later at Troy on Aug. 31.
The Fan Day will be a great opportunity for fans to pick up the 2013 Blazer football poster and schedule cards, as well as obtain ticket information and other items.
There will be performances by the UAB Marching Band, cheerleaders, UAB Majorettes. The UAB mascot, Blaze, will also be on hand. UAB will also have merchandise available for purchase.
“We are always looking at new ways to expose our program to various communities around the Birmingham area,” said UAB Athletic Director Brian Mackin. “One of Coach McGee’s priorities since he became head coach is connecting our football program with the city of Birmingham and surrounding areas. We are excited to partner with The Outlet Shops of Grand River for what promises to be an exciting day for all Blazers.”
A distinctive outlet shopping destination, The Outlet Shops of Grand River is home to more than 65 leading designer and top name brands. The Outlet Shops of Grand River are located minutes from Downtown Birmingham at Exit 140 along the I-20 growth corridor in Historic Leeds, Ala.
The Outlet Shops of Grand River will open at 10 a.m. on Aug. 24.
Athletic Media Relations