- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
News Beats and Briefs
Nutritional Science Minor
UAB has announced a new Nutrional Science minor. This new minor will be of particular use to students in health-related professions who may be working in health education, nursing, public health, medical research and in community health.
Gender Studies of Health
Lister Hill Public Library has a free course, provided by the NIH, about human health. The course includes valuable information on the major physiologic differences between the sexes and the implications for policy, medical research and health care. The program will promote the NIH Women’s Health Resources Dissemination Outreach project.
UAB’s official campus bookstore has moved to its new location at 1218 6th Ave. South. The bookstore offers convenient front-door parking, expanded selections of Blazer gear, scrubs and convenience items. Special events are planned for Sept. 10-11. Faculty and staff enjoy a 10 percent discount on their purchases, some exclusions may apply.