- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
Book an appointment at UAB now to help end cancer
The American Cancer Society has played a role in nearly every cancer research breakthrough in the past 65 years. You can be a part of the next big breakthrough and help finish the fight against cancer by enrolling in the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3) at UAB. CPS-3 will enable the general public to help scientists understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer.
On Oct. 2-3, 2013, anyone ages 30-65 who has never been diagnosed with cancer (excluding basal cell & squamous cell carcinoma) can enroll in CPS-3 at the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. Participation is easy and only takes approximately 20-30 minutes. Once at your appointment, you will complete a short enrollment survey, have your waist circumference measured and provide a small blood sample.
To enroll, you must first book an appointment by visiting www.cps3birmingham.org. Anyone who does not fit the criteria but is interested in helping is welcome to become a CPS-3 Champion. A champion will spread the word to co-workers, family and friends and encourage 10 people to enroll in the study. To be a champion, email CPS3Champion@uab.edu.