- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Halli-Tierney named medical director of Caring Hands Hospice
Anne Halli-Tierney, M.D., assistant professor in the Division of Geriatrics, Gerontology and Palliative Care at the UAB, has been named medical director of Caring Hands Hospice. Halli-Tierney is board certified in internal medicine, as well as geriatric medicine, and she is one of only two board-certified geriatricians in the Tuscaloosa area. Halli-Tierney will work closely with the Caring Hands team to serve patients and their families in Tuscaloosa and surrounding counties.
Halli-Tierney is also an assistant professor in the Division of Geriatrics, Department of Family Medicine, at the University of Alabama College of Community Health and Aging. Halli-Tierney is also a member of the core faculty at the Center for Mental Health and Aging at the University of Alabama.
Born and raised in Tuscaloosa, Halli-Tierney graduated from Central High School and went on to Boston College where she graduated cum laude with a degree in English. Upon graduating from medical school at UAB, she completed her residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in clinical and advanced geriatrics at Brown University.