Moist and Flavorful Nutella Brownies

By on September 25, 2013
4899100348645376=s612

As the fabulous Susan Sarandon once said, “It’s always a little good to be bad.” Of course she was talking about playing villainous dragons in movies but the same can be said for the way we eat. That’s right everyone! I’m talkin’ about desserts! The healthiest person in the world still feels weak at the knees when they see their favorite sweets taunting them in the window. Savage’s bakery in Homewood and I have a war going on due to their tasty petit fours and danishes calling my name every time I walk past. “Come in, Michelle! We know you want to!” At this point I have ran down the street screaming, “NO I WILL NOT EAT YOU!” and everyone stares at me. Now don’t you judge, reader. We’ve all had that moment of sugary insanity. But my point is that everyone has their weaknesses when it comes to desserts.

My favorite dessert of all time ever since I was a little girl is brownies. Brownies are my jam, guys. You don’t even know. I love these gooey chocolatey clouds of sugar so much I’ve been known to eat a whole pan if left unattended in my presence. And the weird thing is I don’t even like chocolate. I know I’m a travesty to all mankind. I’ve heard it my whole life. *cue movie trailer voice over* In a world where chocolate reigns supreme, one girl sticks with her vanilla!! Honestly though, the only time I will eat chocolate is if A) it’s swirled with peanut butter or B) it’s a brownie. I have so many recipes for brownies that I had to buy a separate cook book for all of them. Blondies, cheesecake brownies, fruity brownies, oreo cheesecake brownies: if it’s a brownie I have made it and I have devoured it.

Recently a good friend of mine who I colorfully refer to as my “new food dealer” introduced me to Nutella. I’ve put that delicious spread on everything imaginable! For breakfast, you can bet that I’m having an Eggo smothered in Nutella. I’ll even do it with toast and fruit. So when this same good friend nonchalantly asked, “Have you ever tried to make Nutella brownies?” I almost died. At first I was afraid (I was petrified…) that it would be too good to be true. That two items so delicious and amazing couldn’t live together in perfect harmony. So I took to the internet and found that other foodies had had the same thought. Thanks to allthecooks.com, Nutella brownies were a go.

Delicious and Moist Nutella Brownies

What You’ll Need

1 cup of Nutella

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup melted butter

First preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8 inch baking pan. Combine your salt and flour in a bowl. Take your eggs, Nutella, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and beat together until smooth. Now take your butter and your flour and add them to your eggs and Nutella mixture but ALTERNATE adding them. That means add a little bit of flour and then a little bit of butter and so on and so forth. If you feel your batter may be too dry, add a little bit more butter. Pour your batter into your baking pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes. Allow them to cool and then serve with a nice tall glass of milk. So on those days you want to be naughty and have a sugar rush, have yourself a Nutella brownie and pat yourself on your back. Happy Eating!