- SOE professors named co-directors of association
- BFA student works featured in one-week show at UAB Visual Arts Gallery
- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
UAB partners with Enterprise to offer car-sharing program
UAB is partnering with Enterprise Rent-A-Car to offer vehicle access to students, faculty and staff through a car-sharing program.
Enterprise CarShare is a membership-based, automated car rental service. Registered members will have access to two Ford Focus cars parked on campus at Lot 15-T located at 900 South 16th Street.
“We are excited to offer car sharing to students, faculty and staff at our campus,” said André Davis, director of Parking and Transportation Services at UAB. “This initiative provides students with an affordable transportation option, even if they don’t have a vehicle on campus. It also is available for personal use by faculty and staff. We hope the program will reduce the need for cars on campus and contribute to our sustainability efforts.”
UAB students 18 and older are eligible for membership in Enterprise CarShare, which offers around-the-clock access to hourly, daily and overnight rentals. Enterprise allows members to maintain the benefits of a personal car while only paying for the vehicle when it is being used. Campus car-sharing programs are especially popular with students because they provide a solution to age restrictions and financial concerns associated with having a car on campus.
Members reserve a vehicle online and access the vehicle using a membership card, then return it to the same location. Fuel, basic physical damage to the vehicle and state-required liability protection are included in the standard rate plan.
“Enterprise CarShare provides students at UAB with a low-cost, convenient transportation solution located right on the campus,” said Ryan Johnson, assistant vice president of Enterprise CarShare. “Our Enterprise CarShare network offers a sustainable, totally automated and efficient mobility option that can help alleviate parking and transportation challenges at universities across the United States.”
Along with operating 16 rental locations in the greater Birmingham area, Enterprise recruits and hires UAB graduates each year. A Brand Ambassador Internship program has been established at UAB to market the car-sharing service on campus.
UAB students, faculty and staff with a credit card and valid driver’s license can sign up for the program at www.enterprisecarshare.com/uab. More information is available at www.enterprisecarshare.com, the Enterprise CarShare Facebook page or @carshare on Twitter.