- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
Volleyball team improves to 10-3
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. —– The UAB volleyball team used a balanced attack to overpower Chattanooga in a 3-1 (18-25, 25-17, 25-17, 25-19) win in Chattanooga, Tenn. on Tuesday night. The Blazers improve to 10-3 on the season and are 3-0 in midweek games, while the Mocs fell to 0-12.
UAB turned in a team attack percentage of .292, its best since hitting .409 against Austin Peay. Three Blazers tallied double-figure kills, led by junior Sara Rishell with 20 who hit a clip of .457. Sophomore Sam Skinner added 15 kills and junior Kiriana Hirini collected 13 in the win over the Mocs.
Distributing the ball was senior Becca Howard, who amassed 53 assists during the match as seven different Blazers tallied kills in the win. Howard added 12 digs to grab her fourth double-double of the season. Leading UAB on defense was senior Rachel Fairbanks who notched a season-high 24 digs and junior Bethanie Thomas with 13 digs.
Chattanooga got on the board early with a 25-18 win in the first set to go up 1-0, but UAB would bounce back and win the next three. The Blazers countered with a set two win (25-17) to tie the match up heading into the break.
The Green and Gold kept rolling in the third set, taking the win 25-17 to have the 2-1 lead heading into the fourth set. UAB notched its third set win with a score of 25-19 in the fourth set to secure the match.
The Blazers will compete in their final regular season tournament of the year when they travel to Nashville, Tenn. for the Bruin Classic on Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21.