- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
Volleyball – UAB to face Southern Miss in conference opener
After a disappointing conclusion to the Bruin Classic last weekend, the UAB volleyball team will return to Bartow Arena this Friday at 7 p.m. for its conference opener against Southern Miss.
The Blazers (11-5) won their first game in the Bruin Classic against Arkansas State, 3-0, but they lost to both Mississippi State and Belmont, 3-2, in the remainder of the classic. That was the first time this season the team lost two matches in a row.
Blazer fans have two opportunities to watch the team this weekend: Friday against Southern Miss and Sunday at noon against Tulsa.