- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
Women’s soccer beats Coastal Carolina, 3-1
The UAB’s women’s soccer team beat Coastal Carolina 3-1 in a dramatic victory Friday night.
UAB sophomore Paige Hanks scored the first goal of the game (and her fourth goal of the season) at the 14:01 mark. Six minutes later, Coastal Carolina’s Fia Jonsonn tied the game.
The game remained tied until the last few minutes of the game. UAB senior Amy Harrison scored the team’s second goal with four minutes remaining in regulation. Harrison’s first attempt was blocked, but she sent the rebound to the back of the net.
A few moments later, UAB freshman Kasey Johnson got the final goal with an assist from senior Abby Phillips.
UAB travels to Tuscaloosa next to play in-state rival Alabama Sunday at 7 p.m.