- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Amy Kilpatrick, student media advisor, retires after 15 years at UAB
The driving force behind student media at UAB for the past 15 years has closed her laptop for the last time.
Amy Kilpatrick officially retired from UAB on Friday, October 4, 2013.
For 15 years, Amy served as the advisor of the Kaleidoscope student newspaper, Aura Literary Arts Review magazine, BlazeRadio student radio station, digital innovations and other student media activities on campus. She had also served on numerous campus service committees during her tenure at UAB.
Students, alumni, friends, and colleagues streamed through Student Media’s new temporary offices on Southside to wish “Amy K” good fortune in her life after UAB.
Ms. Kiltpatrick has been a college media adviser in Alabama for 20 years, including five with the Crimson White at the University of Alabama. She has also worked professionally at the Tuscaloosa News and Birmingham News and is the recipient of numerous awards for her work as a reporter and photojournalist.
She is a member of College Media Association and has been nominated for Lifetime Member status in this national advocacy group dedicated to student media interests.
Check out the video below of Amy’s retirement party which features a special message from Andy Marsch, Assistant Vice President of Student Life, and Bill Neville, Production Manager for Student Media.
Pick up a copy of Kaleidoscope on Tuesday, October 8th for more on Amy’s tenure as student media advisor and check back here for more photos of the retirement party.
Did you work at Kaleidoscope while Amy was the advisor? Leave your favorite memories of Amy in the comments below, at Facebook.com/uabkscope or on Twitter at @uabkscope!
Slideshow (for those with Java Script)
Gallery (for those without Java Script)