- SOE professors named co-directors of association
- BFA student works featured in one-week show at UAB Visual Arts Gallery
- Grant enables UAB Hospital staff to feed underprivileged moms of newborns
- Military man coming to UAB for first time, graduates Saturday
- UAB’s College of Arts and Sciences to honor distinguished alumni and friends
- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
Leadership Conference begins next Saturday
One week left before an enriching student leadership program begins.
Emerging Leaders will host its annual Fall Leadership Conference next Saturday, October 19th. It will be held in Heritage hall from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Registration will begin at 8:45 a.m.
The Emerging Leaders will be holding their own presentations in various rooms in Heritage along with Marsha Sutton and Keynote Speaker Dennis Leonard. Together, they will be presenting seminars such as Conflict Resolutions and Building a Better Team.
“Putting it all together” is this year’s theme as leadership is always a puzzle that needs to be solved. There will be free T-shirts, free breakfast and lunch, and free workshops to better student’s skills at UAB leadership.
“I think that students will walk away with breadth and depth of leadership skills and knowledge,” said Rachel Burchfield, Coordinator for Leadership Programming.
At the end of the day, there will be multiple giveaways for students. The last day to register is October 18th on B-sync.