- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Leadership Conference begins next Saturday
One week left before an enriching student leadership program begins.
Emerging Leaders will host its annual Fall Leadership Conference next Saturday, October 19th. It will be held in Heritage hall from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Registration will begin at 8:45 a.m.
The Emerging Leaders will be holding their own presentations in various rooms in Heritage along with Marsha Sutton and Keynote Speaker Dennis Leonard. Together, they will be presenting seminars such as Conflict Resolutions and Building a Better Team.
“Putting it all together” is this year’s theme as leadership is always a puzzle that needs to be solved. There will be free T-shirts, free breakfast and lunch, and free workshops to better student’s skills at UAB leadership.
“I think that students will walk away with breadth and depth of leadership skills and knowledge,” said Rachel Burchfield, Coordinator for Leadership Programming.
At the end of the day, there will be multiple giveaways for students. The last day to register is October 18th on B-sync.