- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
New director of international studies program named
Renato Corbetta, Ph.D., associate professor of government in the College of Arts and Sciences, has been named the new director of the International Studies program. The program, which offers a major and a minor, promotes an appreciation of the different values and structures of the world’s diverse societies.
“International studies is one of our fastest growing majors at UAB,” said Corbetta, who noted that he is thrilled take the helm.
His goal is to increase the number of majors, raise visibility, and encourage greater collaboration among the faculty. Corbetta, who received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona, has specialties in international affairs and international security. He joined UAB in 2005.