- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
New director of international studies program named
Renato Corbetta, Ph.D., associate professor of government in the College of Arts and Sciences, has been named the new director of the International Studies program. The program, which offers a major and a minor, promotes an appreciation of the different values and structures of the world’s diverse societies.
“International studies is one of our fastest growing majors at UAB,” said Corbetta, who noted that he is thrilled take the helm.
His goal is to increase the number of majors, raise visibility, and encourage greater collaboration among the faculty. Corbetta, who received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona, has specialties in international affairs and international security. He joined UAB in 2005.