- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
New director of international studies program named
Renato Corbetta, Ph.D., associate professor of government in the College of Arts and Sciences, has been named the new director of the International Studies program. The program, which offers a major and a minor, promotes an appreciation of the different values and structures of the world’s diverse societies.
“International studies is one of our fastest growing majors at UAB,” said Corbetta, who noted that he is thrilled take the helm.
His goal is to increase the number of majors, raise visibility, and encourage greater collaboration among the faculty. Corbetta, who received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona, has specialties in international affairs and international security. He joined UAB in 2005.