- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
- Bariatric Surgery Services to present annual fashion show Nov. 25
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Spinal cord injury research program receives gift
Three UAB athletes honored this week
Three UAB players were honored this past week for their athletic achievements.
On Monday, two UAB players were chosen as Conference USA players of the week.
Rachel Fairbanks, senior libero, was named Conference USA Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week. This marked the third weekly honor of her career. The native Texan set a career high with 32 digs on Friday, September 27 against Southern Miss. She has led her team to a 2-1 conference record, 13-6 overall.
Alex Clay, a redshirt junior midfielder, was named Conference USA Men’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week. The Huntsville native scored his first goal of the season on Wednesday, September 25 against Belmont. He scored his second goal the following Sunday against Kentucky. He has played in every game this season and has four assists.
Another men’s soccer player was on the television show “The Winning Edge” Friday night. Atak Yai, a senior forward from Jackson, Mississippi, was featured on the half-hour broadcast that showcases talented young Americans who have overcome adversity. Yai has played in all nine games this season. He started in four.