- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
UAB Medicine continues restructuring, names Anthony Patterson to new role
UAB Hospital has added a senior vice president of inpatient services position to its operational structure and has named former UAB Hospital Interim CEO Anthony Patterson to the position.
This appointment took effect in September and is part of a reorganization of the UAB Medicine operating structure which included elimination of the UAB Hospital CEO position and the creation of a UAB Medicine COO position recently filled by Reid F. Jones, former University of Alabama Health Services Foundation executive vice president and senior vice president of ambulatory services. Patterson reports to Jones in his new role.
Jones said Patterson’s appointment and the new position, along with other structural changes, promises to enhance ongoing efforts related to AMC 21, the long-term strategic plan of UAB Medicine.
“Our Reaching for Excellence initiatives are producing outstanding results as reflected in our patient satisfaction scores,” Jones said. “Anthony did a fantastic job as interim CEO, and I look forward to working with him in his new and important role as our strategic realignment further improves our patients’ experience.”
Patterson is a two-time magna cum laude graduate of UAB; he earned an undergraduate degree in nursing and his master’s degree in health services administration before going on to serve UAB in a number of professional roles. He started at UAB as a registered nurse, worked as a charge nurse and practiced in many areas within UAB Hospital. Patterson served as senior associate vice president and COO of UAB Highlands Hospital until he was named interim CEO at UAB Hospital in January 2013.
“We strive to provide the highest quality patient care in an environment that assures our patients and their families feel they made the very best decision regarding where they receive health care,” Patterson said. “I am thrilled to have this opportunity to ensure we deliver that promise in our inpatient setting at UAB Hospital.”