- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
- On campus ‘blackout’ taken in stride
- Bariatric Surgery Services to present annual fashion show Nov. 25
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Spinal cord injury research program receives gift
UAB professor inducted into PR Hall of Fame
John Wittig, Ph.D, chair of the Department of Communication Studies, has been inducted into the Southern Public Relations Hall of Fame. He was honored for making significant contributions to the field and having mentored many public relations practitioners in the region.
The Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Southern Public Relations Federation, a network of more than 1,500 public relations professionals from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi. Wittig was among five public relations professionals honored during a ceremony at Mississippi State University. Other inductees were Neal W. Cirlot (posthumously), Diamondhead, Miss.; Betsie Gambel, New Orleans, La.; Carol A. Mann, APR, Mobile, Ala.; Charles “Chuck” Saucier (posthumously), Alexandria, La.
Wittig joined UAB in 1981. He is an acclaimed scholar, lecturer and author who has published numerous books and journal articles. He received the Practitioner of the Year Award by the Public Relations Council of Alabama and the Communications Award from the Birmingham Area Chapter of the American Red Cross. In 1990, UAB’s PRCA student chapter was renamed the John W. Wittig Chapter in recognition of his leadership.