- ‘Tis the season of giving — UAB launches holiday blood drive
- How a cybersecurity expert protects his smartphone
- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
UAB’s Hodges elected to professional board
The School of Nursing Assistant Professor and Interim Assistant Dean for Graduate Clinical Programs Ashley Hodges, Ph.D., CRNP/Faculty, WHNP-BC, has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses as Region VI director.
An active member of AWHONN since 1998, Hodges has served at the state level in leadership positions, as well as nationally on several committees, including the Convention Planning Committee and the Continuum of Newborn Advisory Panel. She has worked as an Alabama Board of Nursing Continuing Education Administrator within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2004 and is a member of the Sigma Theta Tau International Nu Chapter and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties.
AWHONN is the foremost nursing authority that advances the health care of women and newborns through advocacy, research, and the creation of high-quality, evidence-based standards of care. AWHONN’s 24,000 members worldwide are clinicians, educators, and executives who serve as patient-care advocates that focus on the needs of women and infants.
A leader in professional development, AWHONN holds the distinction of twice receiving the Premier Program award by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for innovation and excellence in Continuing Nursing Education (CNE).