- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB ranks among top colleges with online degree programs
UAB’s Online was recently ranked 15th among top universities with the best online degree programs.
UAB Online offers 475 online course sections in business, education, engineering, heath professions, nursing and public health. A total of 7,860 students (4,850 undergraduates and 3,010 graduates) are enrolled in UAB Online. Anyone may receive a world-class education for a fraction of the price, according to UAB Online’s website.
UAB endorses student collaboration and engagement in the online classroom. The online degree program allows students to electronically raise their hands and ask questions.
“Online education isn’t just for the totally online student. Online course offerings can provide for higher retention and graduation rates for those students on the UAB campus, too,” said Dr. Martha Bidez, Executive Director of Division of eLearning and Professional Studies.
This summer U.S. News & World Report placed UAB Online’s School of Engineering master’s program as fifth in the nation for Best Online Programs. Open Education Database has also rated UAB Online’s accounting program as seventh in the nation.
UAB Online will add at least 2-3 online within the next five years. The Division of eLPS has been working to improve Blackboard Online platform used for online classes. UAB Online expects to make a major announcement this week regarding positive changes in the learning management system.
“UAB is a 21st century, world-class institution with bold and audacious goals for the future. UAB Online is a key part of that future and our students’ success is our #1 goal,” said Bidez.
Financial aid and scholarships are available for Alabama residents, U.S. citizens and international students. The classification of freshmen, transfers, returning, non-traditional and current students are also considered.
Students may apply for UAB Online enrollment at https://ssb.it.uab.edu/pls/sctprod/zsapk003_ug_web_appl.create_page by filling out an electronic application. A self-assessment test and success tips are also available for interested students who are considering enrollment. A strategic plan is also accessible online.
UAB Online additionally offers training opportunities for instructors who seek to enhance their students’ learning experience in the online classroom. A Center for Teaching and Learning is made available for professors to administer the design, development and assessment of course content.
For more information regarding UAB Online and courses offered, visit http://www.uab.edu/online.