- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
SOE professors named co-directors of association
Melanie Shores, Ph.D., and Tommy Smith, Ed.D., associate professors in the University of Alabama at BirminghamSchool of Education, were named co-executive directors for the School Science and Mathematics Association.
The SSMA is an inclusive professional community of researchers and teachers who promote research, scholarship and practice that improves school science and mathematics and advances the integration of science and mathematics. The executive director provides leadership and significant service at the national level and works directly with the president and the board of directors to achieve the goals and objectives of the Association, according to the organization’s website.
Shores, who is in the Department of Human Studies, and Smith, who is in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, teach mathematics education.