- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
SOE professors named co-directors of association
Melanie Shores, Ph.D., and Tommy Smith, Ed.D., associate professors in the University of Alabama at BirminghamSchool of Education, were named co-executive directors for the School Science and Mathematics Association.
The SSMA is an inclusive professional community of researchers and teachers who promote research, scholarship and practice that improves school science and mathematics and advances the integration of science and mathematics. The executive director provides leadership and significant service at the national level and works directly with the president and the board of directors to achieve the goals and objectives of the Association, according to the organization’s website.
Shores, who is in the Department of Human Studies, and Smith, who is in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, teach mathematics education.