- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB Heart and Vascular Clinic at Acton Road accepting patients
World-class cardiologists are now available to offer heart health checkups, second opinions and ongoing cardiovascular care to patients with a variety of heart conditions at the UAB Heart and Vascular Clinic at The Kirklin Clinic at Acton Road.
The full-service cardiovascular clinic, which is located just off Interstate 459 at Acton Road, offers personalized care and appointments within a week with no physician referral required.
“We are an outreach facility of the Cardiology Division and can provide all of the necessary diagnostic evaluation and consultation in a convenient, neighborhood setting,” said Alan Gertler, M.D., one of two UAB School of Medicine double-board-certified cardiologists at the clinic, along with Mahesh Changlani, M.D. “We oftentimes can see patients the same day or in a timely fashion, and we pride ourselves on very timely reporting and communication with a referring physician.”
The cardiologists, along with nurse practitioner Jody Gilchrist, care for patients with coronary artery disease, heart failure, arrhythmia, valve disease, hypertension, and other heart and vessel diseases.
Diagnostic services offered at the clinic include echocardiography, ultrasound, electrocardiograms, stress tests, Holter/event monitors, and more. If advanced treatment becomes necessary, patients have access to UAB’s comprehensive cardiac expertise, with quick and easy referrals to UAB Hospital for further care.
“The convenience of our clinic is tremendous,” Gilchrist said. “It is accessible from other cities by 459, and locally from U.S. Highway 280, Acton Road, U.S. Highway 31 and Rocky Ridge Road. There is a portico for drop-off and a parking lot that is one level and free. We see patients and do tests every day, all day, and truly offer high-quality care. The same people who check you in answer the phones, so you can put a face with the name. Dr. Gertler and Dr. Changlani offer the very latest and most proven therapies.”
The UAB Heart and Vascular Clinic at The Kirklin Clinic at Acton Road is located on the second floor of the facility. Learn more about the clinic and take a “Know Your Heart Disease Risk Assessment” test at uabmedicine.org/heartacton. A free heart-healthy cookbook download is also available.