- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
UAB staffer receives 2013 Volunteer Service Award
Lori E. Green, development director for the UAB School of Education, was awarded the 2013 Volunteer Service Award by the Association of Donor Relations Professionals.
The ADRP is an internationally recognized professional development organization for more than 1,200 donor relations and stewardship practitioners. The Volunteer Service Award recognizes a current member who, through current and cumulative efforts, has generously contributed his or her time and energy to advance the mission of the association and the profession.
Green is credited with playing a significant role in bringing donor relations and stewardship professionals together each year at the ADRP Annual International Conference. She served as vendor relations coordinator in 2004, 2006 and 2007. In 2008, she set new planning, volunteer engagement and attendee experience standards for the 2009 conference. In 2010, she became vice president and extended the planning cycle and consequently improved the overall conference experience that now benefits more than 500 attendees.
Most recently, Green developed a content archive plan for the countless documents created by ADRP members and volunteers. In June, ADRP celebrated the launch of a new online content archive — the ADRP Knowledge Center, for which Green provided structured training and ongoing support.