- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
UAB’s Heaton receives 2013 Outstanding Alumni Award from UK College of Nursing
Karen Heaton, Ph.D., CEN, FNP-BC, assistant professor at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing, has received the 2013 Outstanding Alumni Award from the Alumni Association at the University of Kentucky College of Nursing.
Nominations were submitted by peers in Heaton’s graduating class. Awards were presented at the UK Homecoming Brunch and Fashion Show on Nov. 1.
Heaton earned her bachelor’s degree from UAB, her master’s from the University of Louisville, a post-master’s Family Nurse Practitioner certificate from George Washington University, and her doctorate in nursing from the University of Kentucky.
Heaton’s program of research on obstructive sleep apnea indicators and risk factors for injury and cardiovascular disease resulted in invitations to participate in the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s public meeting on its Survey of Truck Driver Injury and Health, as well as to consult for the American College of Chest Physicians’ Sleep Educator Program. Heaton recently developed a Department of Transportation medical examiner certification review course sponsored by the UAB School of Nursing.