- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB’s Snow ‘Daze’ 2014 (Photo Gallery)
UAB experienced a snow day Tuesday that ended up extending through Thursday as icy temperatures and a blanket of two inches of snow brought Magic City to a standstill.
Classes were not canceled until noon Tuesday so there was a nice layer of snow and ice on the roads as many people tried to head home. Many cars struggled to find traction in this wintery storm.
Many students saw the struggling cars attempting to make it up 10th Ave South and decided to lend a helping hand. A group of about ten students spent hours helping push and direct the vehicles up the slippery slope. While others spent their day blissfully sliding down slopes of the campus’s green.
The day was filled with many events, and UAB was still covered in a blanket of snow.
Photos by Molly Wilson