- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
UAB’s Snow ‘Daze’ 2014 (Photo Gallery)
UAB experienced a snow day Tuesday that ended up extending through Thursday as icy temperatures and a blanket of two inches of snow brought Magic City to a standstill.
Classes were not canceled until noon Tuesday so there was a nice layer of snow and ice on the roads as many people tried to head home. Many cars struggled to find traction in this wintery storm.
Many students saw the struggling cars attempting to make it up 10th Ave South and decided to lend a helping hand. A group of about ten students spent hours helping push and direct the vehicles up the slippery slope. While others spent their day blissfully sliding down slopes of the campus’s green.
The day was filled with many events, and UAB was still covered in a blanket of snow.
Photos by Molly Wilson