- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
UAB’s Snow ‘Daze’ 2014 (Photo Gallery)
UAB experienced a snow day Tuesday that ended up extending through Thursday as icy temperatures and a blanket of two inches of snow brought Magic City to a standstill.
Classes were not canceled until noon Tuesday so there was a nice layer of snow and ice on the roads as many people tried to head home. Many cars struggled to find traction in this wintery storm.
Many students saw the struggling cars attempting to make it up 10th Ave South and decided to lend a helping hand. A group of about ten students spent hours helping push and direct the vehicles up the slippery slope. While others spent their day blissfully sliding down slopes of the campus’s green.
The day was filled with many events, and UAB was still covered in a blanket of snow.
Photos by Molly Wilson