- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Students taste many cultures on Wednesday
For the past 12 years, the Multicultural Council has held the International Bazaar which is a celebration of the rich and varied cultures represented within the student body. January 29th marks the 13th annual International Bazaar, and Co-Chairs Nyshad Thatikonda and Garrett Stephens have gone to great lengths to ensure that this event is even bigger and more inclusive than ever.
The event will be held on Courts 3 and 4 in the Basketball Court of the UAB Campus Recreation Center. Over 26 nations and cultural groups will be represented and the event will be catered by many local restaurants. The schedule is packed with cultural celebrations that you certainly will not want to miss including an Origami showcase, Native American Drum Making, and Caricature painting which will culminate in an hour long Chinese New Year Celebration to usher in the year of the Horse.
The student body at UAB is a colorful mosaic of many cultures, histories, languages, and art forms and this event is the perfect place to see it all come together.