- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Students taste many cultures on Wednesday
For the past 12 years, the Multicultural Council has held the International Bazaar which is a celebration of the rich and varied cultures represented within the student body. January 29th marks the 13th annual International Bazaar, and Co-Chairs Nyshad Thatikonda and Garrett Stephens have gone to great lengths to ensure that this event is even bigger and more inclusive than ever.
The event will be held on Courts 3 and 4 in the Basketball Court of the UAB Campus Recreation Center. Over 26 nations and cultural groups will be represented and the event will be catered by many local restaurants. The schedule is packed with cultural celebrations that you certainly will not want to miss including an Origami showcase, Native American Drum Making, and Caricature painting which will culminate in an hour long Chinese New Year Celebration to usher in the year of the Horse.
The student body at UAB is a colorful mosaic of many cultures, histories, languages, and art forms and this event is the perfect place to see it all come together.