- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Submissions for WRC Feminism Project
Calling all writers and artists! Starting in February, the Women’s Rights Coalition (WRC) will begin to run a series called Our Feminism, Our Rights where they will showcase writing and artwork from their members, UAB students, and hopefully the Birmingham community at large.
So here are the guidelines: Writers and artists can submit the following: artwork, photography, essays, op-eds, short stories, poems. Submission must represent what their feminism looks like and what/whom is included in their feminism. Writers and artists are also welcome to submit pieces on themes that surround feminism and women’s rights, such as equal pay, LBGTQ rights, sexuality, media, education, reproductive rights, and voting.
Each artist can submit up to 2 pieces, no matter the category. We ask that short stories, op-eds, and essays be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1000 words; also photographs and artwork be submitted as JPEG or JPG files (if possible).
For questions or concerns, contact Melodi Stone, President, at email@example.com