- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Submissions for WRC Feminism Project
Calling all writers and artists! Starting in February, the Women’s Rights Coalition (WRC) will begin to run a series called Our Feminism, Our Rights where they will showcase writing and artwork from their members, UAB students, and hopefully the Birmingham community at large.
So here are the guidelines: Writers and artists can submit the following: artwork, photography, essays, op-eds, short stories, poems. Submission must represent what their feminism looks like and what/whom is included in their feminism. Writers and artists are also welcome to submit pieces on themes that surround feminism and women’s rights, such as equal pay, LBGTQ rights, sexuality, media, education, reproductive rights, and voting.
Each artist can submit up to 2 pieces, no matter the category. We ask that short stories, op-eds, and essays be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1000 words; also photographs and artwork be submitted as JPEG or JPG files (if possible).
For questions or concerns, contact Melodi Stone, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org