- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Submissions for WRC Feminism Project
Calling all writers and artists! Starting in February, the Women’s Rights Coalition (WRC) will begin to run a series called Our Feminism, Our Rights where they will showcase writing and artwork from their members, UAB students, and hopefully the Birmingham community at large.
So here are the guidelines: Writers and artists can submit the following: artwork, photography, essays, op-eds, short stories, poems. Submission must represent what their feminism looks like and what/whom is included in their feminism. Writers and artists are also welcome to submit pieces on themes that surround feminism and women’s rights, such as equal pay, LBGTQ rights, sexuality, media, education, reproductive rights, and voting.
Each artist can submit up to 2 pieces, no matter the category. We ask that short stories, op-eds, and essays be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1000 words; also photographs and artwork be submitted as JPEG or JPG files (if possible).
For questions or concerns, contact Melodi Stone, President, at email@example.com