- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
UAB again has more than 320 doctors ranked best nationally
Hundreds of the nation’s top physicians practice at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System, according to the latest edition of the Best Doctors in America® database.
The 2013-14 list recognizes 323 UAB physicians in 65 specialties who are among the top 5 percent of clinicians in the United States, as voted by their peers. This is the second year in a row that UAB has had more than 320 physicians ranked on this national list.
Best Doctors is an independent, knowledge-based medical referral service headquartered in Boston. Its surveys ask peer physicians, “If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty or a related specialty, to whom would you refer them?”
Nominations for the list are anonymous, and doctors’ evaluations are confidential, according to the company. The system of review, based on methodology started in 1989, includes a method of catching and correcting bias for or against particular physicians or groups of physicians. Listings cannot be purchased.
A complete listing of the UAB physicians named in Best Doctors is online at www.uabmedicine.org/bestdoctors. The list was also featured in the December issue of Birmingham Magazine.