- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
UAB again has more than 320 doctors ranked best nationally
Hundreds of the nation’s top physicians practice at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System, according to the latest edition of the Best Doctors in America® database.
The 2013-14 list recognizes 323 UAB physicians in 65 specialties who are among the top 5 percent of clinicians in the United States, as voted by their peers. This is the second year in a row that UAB has had more than 320 physicians ranked on this national list.
Best Doctors is an independent, knowledge-based medical referral service headquartered in Boston. Its surveys ask peer physicians, “If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty or a related specialty, to whom would you refer them?”
Nominations for the list are anonymous, and doctors’ evaluations are confidential, according to the company. The system of review, based on methodology started in 1989, includes a method of catching and correcting bias for or against particular physicians or groups of physicians. Listings cannot be purchased.
A complete listing of the UAB physicians named in Best Doctors is online at www.uabmedicine.org/bestdoctors. The list was also featured in the December issue of Birmingham Magazine.