- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB again has more than 320 doctors ranked best nationally
Hundreds of the nation’s top physicians practice at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System, according to the latest edition of the Best Doctors in America® database.
The 2013-14 list recognizes 323 UAB physicians in 65 specialties who are among the top 5 percent of clinicians in the United States, as voted by their peers. This is the second year in a row that UAB has had more than 320 physicians ranked on this national list.
Best Doctors is an independent, knowledge-based medical referral service headquartered in Boston. Its surveys ask peer physicians, “If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty or a related specialty, to whom would you refer them?”
Nominations for the list are anonymous, and doctors’ evaluations are confidential, according to the company. The system of review, based on methodology started in 1989, includes a method of catching and correcting bias for or against particular physicians or groups of physicians. Listings cannot be purchased.
A complete listing of the UAB physicians named in Best Doctors is online at www.uabmedicine.org/bestdoctors. The list was also featured in the December issue of Birmingham Magazine.