- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
UAB Cyber Summit explores new threats, innovative responses
Andrew Turner, head of Global Cyber Security at Visa, is the opening keynote speaker for the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research Cyber Summit 2014 to be held Feb. 18-19 in the UAB National Alumni Society House.
The annual summit explores new and ongoing threats to cybersecurity and potential safeguards against them. Center researchers will lead panel discussions on new issues in cybersecurity, open source intelligence analytics, cloud security, device security and threat intelligence. Gary Warner, the center’s director of Computer Forensics, will present on malware intelligence.