- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
2nd Annual UAB Speed Matching (Photos)
A different way to hook up
Students and faculty were introduced to fourteen non-profit organizations that they may wish to work with.
It was the introductions themselves that had a twist.
Non-profit representatives hooked up with potential volunteers in a speed-dating format.
Potential volunteers were given 5 minutes to talk with each organization.
This mini-essay shows some of the action.
Photos by Kyle Thompson