- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
Advances in maternal and child health focus of UAB lecture
The 2014 Ann Dial McMillan Endowed Lectureship in Family and Child Health will feature Cheri Pies, Dr.P.H., MSW, clinical professor in the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health.
Pies will present “Best Babies Zone: A Place-Based Approach to Transforming Communities and Improving Birth Outcomes Across the Life Course” on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in the UAB Alumni House Auditorium, 1301 10th Ave. South. This event is free and open to public.
The Ann Dial McMillan Endowed Lectureship in Family and Child Health is a unique interdisciplinary lectureship designed to tap into and promote public health breakthroughs relevant to family and children’s health. Lectures address challenges and innovations in maternal and child health with a special focus on issues that affect everyday life, such as nutrition, diabetes, cancer, obesity, substance abuse and other salient topics. The goal of the lecture is to promote the health of children, their families and the community as a whole by educating the academic community about new discoveries in family and children’s health practices.