- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
Groundhog Day: Birmingham Bill’s Forecast
Birmingham Bill, the celebrated rodent prognosticator at the Birmingham Zoo, has put his foot down.
Four of them, actually.
Bill’s verdict: Early Spring.
Bill arrived aboard an especially designed float for the Feb. 2 prediction festivities that included the groundhog other exotic denizens of the Zoo for a morning of nature education and related activities.
As the star of the morning, the groundhog apparently looked did not see his shadow.
So, despite extreme winter weather experienced in recent weeks, Bill indicates, Magic City should welcome an early spring.
Hope springs eternal it seems.
Photos by Amber Gomez