- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Olympic blood drive aims to whip winter weather woes
Winter storms across the nation in January caused widespread disruption of normal blood donation patterns, leading to low blood stocks in many hospitals.
The drive runs at the UAB Hospital North Pavilion second-floor atrium Feb. 17-22, and at UAB Highlands Hospital on Feb. 25-27.
All blood types are needed. Donors should bring a photo ID. Free parking is available in the North Pavilion parking deck and the UAB Highlands parking lot. Each donor will be entered for a chance to win one of six $100 gift cards.
Hours at the North Pavilion, 18th Street and Sixth Avenue North:
Monday, Feb. 17, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 18, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 21, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Hours at UAB Highlands, 1201 11th Ave. South:
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 6:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 27, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
UAB is one of the largest users nationally of blood supplied by the Red Cross. Donors can give blood up to six times a year, once every eight weeks. The process takes about 45 minutes; the actual blood collection usually takes less than 20 minutes.
Blood products are used during surgery, transplantation, trauma care, difficult pregnancies and cancer treatment. It is not unheard-of for a single patient to require as many as 100 units.