Simply Delicious: 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

By on February 26, 2014
Peanut_butter_cookies,_September_2009

There is nothing I appreciate quite as much as a simple recipe. As much as I enjoy cooking, I do not have the time for lengthy recipes. Even if I did, the wallet of a college student does not open itself up to anything too fancy.

What to do when I when I’m in the mood to bake something homemade and sweet? I channel the spirit of dear ol’ Grandma. Wearing a sari and thousands of bangles, she could dish out a platter of cookies that would make Martha Stewart drool. She took three basic ingredients from her kitchen and made the most heavenly peanut buttery cookies. These cookies always remind me of sitting at her kitchen counter while she stirred and I “helped” (made a mess).

These chewy, dense peanut buttery cookies are the perfect treat after a grueling week of midterms. The recipe is that its fast, cheap, and easy.

Try these cookies to satisfy a sweet tooth craving in a matter of minutes. In the amount of time it takes to pre-heat the oven, you can have a batch ready on a cookie sheet to bake.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy, whatever you like)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar (Swap the granulated sugar for coconut sugar for a clean eating desert)
  • 1 egg, beaten

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Pre-heat oven at 350°. Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla, a handful of chocolate chips, or an extra egg ( for a gooier cookie). These cookies are delicious by themselves or with extra ingredients.

Place spoonfuls of batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Cookies will expand and melt a bit while cooking. If you do not have a cookie sheet, you can use aluminum foil. Just spray with non-stick cooking spray. Be careful about putting foil in and taking it out of the oven.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. Do not overbake. These cookies are best when still soft and barely brown on bottoms.

Pour a big glass of milk and take a huge bite. This recipe is so good it should be illegal. Remember to keep it simply delicious