- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Men’s Basketball vs. Middle Tennessee 55-53 (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group winter meeting scheduled
The winter meeting of the Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group will be 2:30-8 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at McWane Science Center, 200 19th St. North. Event activities will include science experiments, breakout sessions, a dinner buffet and an IMAX movie.
The guest speaker will be Cary Supalo, Ph.D., associate professor of chemistry education from Illinois State University. Supalo, who is blind, will conduct sessions on making science accessible and fun for children with vision impairment.
The support group, which meets throughout the year, features social, educational and peer support opportunities for children with vision impairment of all ages and their families.
The Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group is sponsored by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Low Vision Rehabilitation Center and funded by the Songs for Sight benefit concerts. The event is free for families with a child with vision impairment.
For more information and to RSVP, call 205-325-8677 or email email@example.com by Feb. 24.