- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group winter meeting scheduled
The winter meeting of the Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group will be 2:30-8 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at McWane Science Center, 200 19th St. North. Event activities will include science experiments, breakout sessions, a dinner buffet and an IMAX movie.
The guest speaker will be Cary Supalo, Ph.D., associate professor of chemistry education from Illinois State University. Supalo, who is blind, will conduct sessions on making science accessible and fun for children with vision impairment.
The support group, which meets throughout the year, features social, educational and peer support opportunities for children with vision impairment of all ages and their families.
The Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group is sponsored by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Low Vision Rehabilitation Center and funded by the Songs for Sight benefit concerts. The event is free for families with a child with vision impairment.
For more information and to RSVP, call 205-325-8677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 24.