- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group winter meeting scheduled
The winter meeting of the Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group will be 2:30-8 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at McWane Science Center, 200 19th St. North. Event activities will include science experiments, breakout sessions, a dinner buffet and an IMAX movie.
The guest speaker will be Cary Supalo, Ph.D., associate professor of chemistry education from Illinois State University. Supalo, who is blind, will conduct sessions on making science accessible and fun for children with vision impairment.
The support group, which meets throughout the year, features social, educational and peer support opportunities for children with vision impairment of all ages and their families.
The Songs for Sight Youth Low Vision Support Group is sponsored by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Low Vision Rehabilitation Center and funded by the Songs for Sight benefit concerts. The event is free for families with a child with vision impairment.
For more information and to RSVP, call 205-325-8677 or email email@example.com by Feb. 24.