- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Student Government elections are nearing…
USGA Elections are just around the corner, according to a notice released this week on Bsync organization network.
Students who interested in running for an elective office or Senator for the 2014-2015 academic year must complete an USGA Intent to Run Application which can be found at http://uab.orgsync.com/forms.
Running for a position in USGA is a great way to get involved. It also allows students to work on legislation and initiatives, which improve the Blazer Experience for Undergraduate students.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 3, 2014 at 11:59pm. Once a candidate has submitted an application, he or she must attend one of the mandatory Candidate Meetings:
- Monday, March 3, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #1, Campus Rec 150, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #2, Campus Rec 190, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #3, Campus Rec 190, 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #4, Campus Rec 150, 10:30 a.m.
A potential candidate who cannot attend the mandatory meeting must obtain the election procedures and regulations before they can proceed with campaigning. Campaigning shall begin once the consent form is signed and received by the Election Commission. Contact the Elections Manager, Katie Crawford, email@example.com, 334-791-9486.