- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Student Government elections are nearing…
USGA Elections are just around the corner, according to a notice released this week on Bsync organization network.
Students who interested in running for an elective office or Senator for the 2014-2015 academic year must complete an USGA Intent to Run Application which can be found at http://uab.orgsync.com/forms.
Running for a position in USGA is a great way to get involved. It also allows students to work on legislation and initiatives, which improve the Blazer Experience for Undergraduate students.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 3, 2014 at 11:59pm. Once a candidate has submitted an application, he or she must attend one of the mandatory Candidate Meetings:
- Monday, March 3, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #1, Campus Rec 150, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #2, Campus Rec 190, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #3, Campus Rec 190, 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #4, Campus Rec 150, 10:30 a.m.
A potential candidate who cannot attend the mandatory meeting must obtain the election procedures and regulations before they can proceed with campaigning. Campaigning shall begin once the consent form is signed and received by the Election Commission. Contact the Elections Manager, Katie Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org, 334-791-9486.