- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Student Government elections are nearing…
USGA Elections are just around the corner, according to a notice released this week on Bsync organization network.
Students who interested in running for an elective office or Senator for the 2014-2015 academic year must complete an USGA Intent to Run Application which can be found at http://uab.orgsync.com/forms.
Running for a position in USGA is a great way to get involved. It also allows students to work on legislation and initiatives, which improve the Blazer Experience for Undergraduate students.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 3, 2014 at 11:59pm. Once a candidate has submitted an application, he or she must attend one of the mandatory Candidate Meetings:
- Monday, March 3, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #1, Campus Rec 150, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #2, Campus Rec 190, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #3, Campus Rec 190, 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 – Candidate Meeting #4, Campus Rec 150, 10:30 a.m.
A potential candidate who cannot attend the mandatory meeting must obtain the election procedures and regulations before they can proceed with campaigning. Campaigning shall begin once the consent form is signed and received by the Election Commission. Contact the Elections Manager, Katie Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org, 334-791-9486.