The 86th Annual Academy Awards

By on February 28, 2014
82nd Annual Academy Awards - "Meet The Oscars" New York

This Sunday, March 2, 2014, many of Hollywood’s finest will gather at the Dolby Theatre for the 86th annual Academy Awards. Out of all the awards shows, the Academy Awards have always been the most anticipated. With Ellen DeGeneres as the host and many renowned performances planned, this year’s show is sure to not disappoint.

The Academy Awards is something virtually every person in show business aspires to be associated with. Getting an Oscar is by far the most prestigious award in Hollywood, and probably the hardest to get as well.

There is an array of categories to be nominated for when it comes to this award. It isn’t just acting and directing, but there are nominations for editing, screenplay writing, musical scores, design, etc. This show really highlights the “techies”.

Even though this show does encompass more than just the actors, the category for Best Actor/Actress is still one of the most buzzed about. The nominees for this category this year are big names like Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Amy Adams, and Sandra Bullock, among others.

Who will take home a little golden man? Tune in this Sunday to find out.