- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
UAB researcher, entrepreneur among Top 10 influencers in banking information security
BankInfo Security has named University of Alabama at Birmingham researcher Gary Warner one of the Top 10 influencers in banking information security. The list, released Jan. 22, acknowledges the roles key individuals are playing in the fight against cyberthreats to information security and privacy.
Warner is the director of research in computer forensics in the Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research at UAB. He is an expert in phishing attacks and international cybersecurity fraud.
He also directs the UAB Computer Forensics Research Laboratory and is chief technologist for Malcovery, a public-private partnership based on research conducted at CIA|JFR. Malcovery is the leader in delivering actionable intelligence that can be applied to neutralize the threats and actions by cybercriminals in the areas of phishing, spam and malware.
“I am honored to be included in this list of information security professionals,” Warner said. “At both Malcovery and UAB, I have worked to contribute to the research and application of email-based threat intelligence, a market that is now rapidly emerging in the information security space, and is very important in the banking sector.”